For more information and full article visit Cord Cutters News!
UltraViolet announced that they will be shutting down on July 31st, 2019. This comes as Disney’s Movies Anywhere service has slowly replaced UltraViolet as a single repository for all of your content.
UltraViolet would allow you to create a library of all your movies in a single place. From there you could link it to other partners allowing you to stream your movies on a side range of streaming services including Vudu. Often you would find codes for a digital version of a movie inside DVDs that would allow you to not only buy a physical DVD and a digital copy at the same time. Now that service seems to be coming to an end as DVD sales continue to decline.
What does this mean for you?
- Between January 31 and July 31, 2019
- You can continue to access your UltraViolet movies and TV shows through the retailer(s) linked to your UltraViolet Library.
- You can also continue to purchase new movies and TV shows and redeem digital codes by following the redemption instructions. Depending on the retailer, these new purchases and redemptions may or may not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
- Linking your UltraViolet Library to additional retailers can maximize your access to your Library and help avoid potential disruption.
- After the shutdown date
- Your UltraViolet Library will automatically close and, in the majority of cases, your movies and TV shows will remain accessible at previously-linked retailers.
- You can continue to make online purchases and redeem codes, but these may only be available through that retailer, and will not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
What should you do now?
- As soon as possible, login at myuv.com and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. If your Library is not currently linked to a retailer or if you would like to link to additional participating retailers, select one or more retailers to link to your UltraViolet Library.
- Don’t unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.
Look for further communications from UltraViolet and your retailers over the coming months, as some retailers may disconnect from UltraViolet before July 31.
WhyFly Awesome Internet allows you to stream your favorite movies, TV shows and so much more! For $55/month and no contract! Click here to read more about how to make the switch to streaming your favorite Tv, movies, and local news channels.